Chinese buns & pulled moose!

Check out also @fearlessfinnblog via instagram

We helped our relatives on sunday and as a return we got a nice piece of moose shoulder. Moose is a tricky thing to prepare so that it is not dry, tasteless or chewing gum. To avoid any kind of mistakes I did a pulled moose out of it.

It turned out moist, even I didn't add any pork or grease with it in the oven. Usually those are compulsory, because moose is sooo dry. I made a BBQ- sauce which I mixed with pulled moose and IT WAS GREAT :) Normal sides with this would be smashed potatoes, veggies, lingonberry jam..Boring stuff ;)

So I desided to make chinese buns. Problem was that I don't have chinese  steam-plate, so I created this "steam-miracle-machine".  In a pan I had about 1 litre of boiling water, oven grate, bambucarpet (for sushi making), parchment paper and cake dome.  I made some holes to the parchment paper and after a while, steam started to rise as it should and my buns came beautiful!

Fabulous steamed buns filled with bbq-pulled moose and buds :)

[gallery ids="1541,1540,1539" type="rectangular"]

Superb!!!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Takaisin lähtöruutuun