Fearlessfinn cinnamon cake

I have always hated baking. Dough doesn't obey me and you can't really be creative cause you need to measure everything.  Those are same things that I hate sometimes as being a mom; they usually don't obey me and I have to be careful what ever I say or promise to them.

Now anyway we needed some flavours of homeland and so I managed to bake these cinnamonrolls. I putted them side to side in a cake tin and so the result is called Boston cake. Why Boston? Internet said that some religious puritan groups in the area of Boston have forbidden cooking on sundays and this cake is sort of an exeption. Some say that it is purely finnish invention and it has nothing to do with Boston. Beats me. My personal twist is vanilla seeds and barley in the dough.

This is my son being angry, cause I promised that he can eat the cake when it's done and now he has to wait so that I can take a picture. Jeez.

getfileattachment-6

Dough:

5 dl warm milk

50 g of yeast

2 eggs

200g of melted butter

2 tablespoon of cinnamon

1 tablespoon of kardemomma

1 vanillabean

2 dl sugar

1 teaspoon salt

10 dl  wheatflour

5dl barley flour

Melt yeast in to the warm milk and then add everything else in the dough. Let it rise so that it has doubled in a size. Roll out and spread butter, sugar and cinnamon on it. Roll the dough and cut in to pieces. Fill the cake tin with them and let it rise 15 minutes. Bake in the oven 15minutes/ 200degrees. After it has cooled down mix powdersugar-milk mixture on top of the cake and let them finally eat it :)

[gallery ids="1938,1941" type="rectangular"]

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Takaisin lähtöruutuun